Hunger Emergency Relief Effort (HERE)
COS is actively working with several local groups to coordinate how we can help those impacted by these unusual circumstances. If you desire to help, we are accepting cash donations via the button below and you can also fill out a volunteer form here on the Volunteer page.
Below are some current headlines for those in need as well as those who want to help. We will do our best to keep this page updated regularly as we move into this uncharted territory.
$5,000 Matching Gift Opportunity
Through the generosity of an Arundel resident, Susan Roth and her nationally regarded business, Trims Unlimited, COS has a special matching gift opportunity. For every dollar given to COS between now and May 1, 2020, we will receive a dollar of the promised pledge. Will you help our escalating needs that will stretch our resources as we continue to serve those in our community. Thank you!
Give online now!
Executive Director, Mark Jago Video Update
Here is a video from of Mark Jago from a recent Friday Pantry at St. Martha’s Church in Kennebunk. For continued information and updates check back with this page and also follow our Facebook Page Here.
Friday Pantry Operations Plan
(3/26/2020) Here are some important operational details concerning our Friday Pantry that begins every Friday at 9am at St Martha’s Church.
Moving forward we will be passing out all pre-packaged food bags from the COS Headquarters behind St Marth’s Church building each Friday.
We will be adhering to the following procedure to comply with the CDC social distancing protocol:
– ood distribution/curbside pickup will begin at 9 am.
– All COS Volunteers packing bags will be wearing gloves and have maintained the safet and most secure handling of all food items put into bags.
– Participants should park vehicles in a single file at the designated areas to the rear and side of the church building.
– Parking lot attendants (wearing masks & gloves) will be there to direct traffic flow. Cars can line up at the curb nearest the building in the rear and by the grass nearest the building to wait for their turn to pull forward. Parking in single will extend to the side of the church building.
– Please stay in the car until you are directed to pull up to the pick-up zone in front of the COS entryway.
– Please pull your car up, one at a time.
– We will put the bag(s) on the table for you and after we step back, please get our of the car and get your bags.
– Once back in the car, you are to slowly drive away following the normal exit from the back and right side of the church building toward Route 1.
We will see you next Friday at the same place and time. Keep practicing social distancing. Stay well!
Update as of Saturday 03/21/2020
For those that have a need please contact your specific town GA office as follows.
Kennebunk: phone 207.985.2102 ext. 1342
Arundel: phone 207.985.4201 ext. 113
Kennebunkport: phone 207.967.4401
For those wishing to DONATE FOOD we now have three drop locations (one in each town) – just look for the COS banners and totes at each location:
Kennebunk – St. Martha’s Church (located in the back of the building)
Kennebunkport/Lower Village – Mornings In Paris
Arundel – Weirs Buick GMC A huge thanks to ALL who have reached out to help and support – we are in this together and it’s amazing how our community has come together in the wake of this pandemic.
Update as of 03/18/2020
Phew! While these times are uncertain, and things are changing minute by minute, we can assure you of one thing that will not change; our dedication to helping our neighbors in need!
We are HERE for you!
Thank you to all who have reached out to help – you haven’t been lost or forgotten (and if you’d like to be added to a list, please let me know). We are sure the needs will increase as we move forward – and our teams of volunteers are in place ready to tackle what’s ahead.
In the meantime – here are list of food items needed currently at our pantry headquarters and can be delivered directly to St.Martha’s Church:
In need of:
– Canned fruit
– Boxed/pouched potatoes
– Quickbreads/muffin mixes
– Pasta sauce
– Canned vegetables
We will soon be adding two more food drop locations, one in Kennebunkport and one in Arundel. Locations and details to come soon.
In addition, details about the Friday Produce Pantry will be available sometime Thursday, March 19, 2020.