COS is certified by Good Shepherd Food Bank which partners with Feeding America. This association enables us to purchase food at modest costs and obtain perishable food from Hannaford Supermarket at no cost. COS serves the hungry in the Kennebunks in many ways. Our Food Programs filling the most basic needs – nourishing the body – are the food pantry, school lunches and snacks, and holiday food baskets.
COS Food Pantry
- Fresh and non-perishable foods available to any size family.
- Fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, baked goods, and prepared meals donated from area stores, farms, and community gardens.
- Non-perishable vegetables, fruits, starches, soups & stews, canned meats, breakfast items, pasta dishes, beverages, and condiments
- Personal and Household items
- Pet food
- Food Pantry Hours (by appointment only – see below)
- Mondays: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Tuesdays: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursdays: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Fridays: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Food Pantry Location
- Food Pantry Appointments
Individuals and businesses can support our food pantry by initiating food drives that will help stock our shelves for our food pantry. If you are interested in having a food drive, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to work with you in setting that up.
Here is some food for thought: Can you imagine what hunger; true excessive hunger can do to an adult let alone a child? Not only are there the physical symptoms of hunger such as depression and difficulty sleeping, but also the behavioral and educational symptoms as well. We believe no one in Maine should face hunger, especially children.
In response, COS provides nutritious food for children when school lunch and breakfast are unavailable on weekends, school holidays, and summer break. This new program encompasses the previous backpack and summer lunch programs and is now called the COS Food4Kids Program (F4K). All food is provided to children free of charge thanks to the generous support of our COS donors.
For more on the Food4Kids Program, click here.
Holiday Food Basket Program
- For residents from the towns of Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, and Arundel.
- Provides food baskets just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Delivery of food boxes containing a turkey or chicken and other ingredients for a festive holiday dinner.
- Contact your town General Assistance office for more details.