COS is certified by Good Shepherd Food Bank which partners with Feeding America. This association enables us to purchase food at discounted costs and obtain perishable food from Hannaford Supermarket. COS serves the hungry in the Kennebunks in many ways. COS “needs based” food programs include the Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry, and our Holiday Food Baskets.
COS Food Pantry
- Fresh and non-perishable foods (availability varies) .
- Fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, baked goods, and prepared meals donated from area stores, farms, and community gardens
- Non-perishable vegetables, fruits, starches, soups & stews, canned meats, breakfast items, pasta dishes, beverages, and condiments
- Personal and Household items (when in stock)
- Pet food (when in stock)
- Food Pantry Hours (by appointment only)
- Mondays: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Tuesdays: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursdays: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Fridays: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Food Pantry Location
- blue building at 19 Park Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
- Food Pantry Appointments
Individuals and businesses can support our food pantry by initiating food drives that will help stock our shelves for our food pantry. If you are interested in having a food drive, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to work with you in setting that up.
Holiday Food Basket Program
- For residents from the towns of Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, and Arundel.
- Provides food baskets just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Delivery of food boxes containing a turkey or chicken and other ingredients for a festive holiday dinner.
- Contact your town General Assistance office for more details.